Frequently Asked Questions
Member vs Non member price:
If your organization is a member of the IMA you may pay the lower member price for any IMA event. All staff, volunteers, board members and student interns of an IMA member organization are considered members of the IMA.
IMA membership is renewable annually during the first quarter of the year. Rates are based on the size of your museum’s budget. Memberships are available for individuals, businesses, students, and more. The membership form is posted at www.iowamuseums.org “Become a member”
All IMA workshop and conference registrations received are processed and acknowledged with an e-mail.
Pay by Credit Card:
You may pay for workshops and conference on-line at www.iowamuseums.org using your credit card. Following are step by step instructions
1) Go to www.iowamuseums.org
2) Click on the orange "Donate to the IMA" button.
3) In the "Purpose" line put the name of the workshop or conference you are attending.
4) In the "Donation amount" put the amount you are paying.
5) Click the orange "Update Total" button
6) Scroll down till you see on the left "Don't have a paypal account?" and the credit card icons. Click "Continue"
7) Fill in your payment details.
8) Click the orange "Review Donation and Continue" button.
9) A screen comes up with some text and a box to the right and underneath it is text that says "CONTINUE without logging in."
10) Click on that CONTINUE
11) Review your payment and scroll down to click an orange button that says "Donate $--- USD Now"
12) You will receive an e-mail confirming your payment and so will IMA.
You may find the Iowa Museum Association on Facebook at “Iowa Museum Association”
You may find the Iowa Museum Association blog at http://iowamuseums.wordpress.com/