Hitchcock Nature Center
27792 Ski Hill Loop
Honey Creek, IA 51542
- Web Site:
- (712) 545-3283
- (712) 545-4246
- Admission to the Loess Hills Lodge Interpretive Facility at Hitchcock Nature Center is free. There is a nominal park entrance fee of $2/vehicle.
- The Loess Hills Lodge is open the following hours March – November
· Tuesday - Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Sundays: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
· Closed Mondays, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day as well as December - February
- We offer: permanent exhibits about the globally significant Loess Hills, a
45' observation tower overlooking the Loess Hills,innovative program activities, including Trailcasts and Adventure Packs, and ADA restrooms and classrooms.
The Loess Hills Lodge at Hitchcock Nature Center is an environmental education hub, featuring an interpretive exhibit gallery that engages visitors about the Loess Hills, raptors, prairie, woodlands, and stewardship efforts. The permanent exhibits also include "Curiosity Cove" where a 3D Loess Hills magnetic mural and track pin board await the stir of imagination in children of all ages.
The Loess Hills Lodge is also home to two classroom areas, the Bluestem and Goldfinch Rooms, where visitors can see travelling exhibits, attend a public program, such as Monarch Tagging, or simply rent the space for their own personal retreat. The Loess Hills Lodge also includes visitor amenities such as accessible restrooms and a small gift shop.
Visitors are invited to step into the great outdoors onto the Lodge Deck, watch wildlife in the Lodge Pavilion or climb the 45' Hitchcock Observation Tower, connected to the Lodge.