A Grant Fund for Museums
The Iowa Museum Association supports the creation of a substantial grant fund which would provide opportunities for leveraged investment in museums and support the work of museums in every county in Iowa.
Museums are EDUCATORS
• Education is a core activity for all museums.
• Museums are located in every county in Iowa.
• Iowa museums are playing a key role in providing tools to enable educators to implement Iowa Social Studies Standards.
• Teaching with primary sources is an educational best practice.
• Iowa's museums are stewards of primary sources.
ECONOMIC IMPACT is a core benefit from the museum industry.
• Visitors bring a multi-million-dollar benefit to Iowa.
• Museums create jobs and keep young professionals in Iowa.
• Main Street redevelopment made possible by museum stewardship of historic buildings is revitalizing communities.
• Museums attract business and investment to communities.
A Grant Fund to Support the Iowa Museum Industry is Needed
• Iowa boasts over 400 museums throughout the state.
• Museums provide educational programming for all ages and interests.
• Stewardship of historic resources and built environment leverages economic development and jobs.
• Job creation can be enhanced with investment in capacity building.