Iowa Four Corners Fund
The Iowa Museum Association is working to raise support for the creation of the Iowa Four Corners Fund which would provide opportunities for leveraged investment in museums in all four corners of Iowa supporting the work of museums in every county in Iowa.
Museums are EDUCATORS
• Education is a core activity for all museums.
• Museums are located in every county in Iowa – in ALL FOUR CORNERS.
• Iowa museums are playing a key role in implementing the new state
law requiring Iowa history to be taught in all grade levels.
• Teaching with primary sources is an educational best practice.
• Iowa's museums are the stewards of our history and primary sources - photographs, documents, and artifacts.
ECONOMIC IMPACT is a core benefit from the museum industry.
• Visitors bring a multi-million-dollar benefit to many Iowa communities.
• Museums create jobs and keep young professionals in Iowa
• Main Street redevelopment made possible by museum stewardship of historic buildings is revitalizing communities.
• Museums attract business and investment to communities
A Fund to Support Museums is Needed
• Iowa boasts over 400 museums (of all sizes) in every county in the state.
• Educational programming for all ages needs and deserves support.
• Stewardship of historic resources and built environment needs and deserves support.
• Job creation in rural Iowa needs and deserves support.
• Loss of museums = loss of Iowa history.